副词性从句

英语副词性从句是一种从句,用于修饰动词、形容词或副词,表示地点、时间、原因、目的、结果、条件、方向、程度、方式和伴随状况等。副词性从句可以出现在句子的任何位置,可以是直接的描述,也可以是比喻性的描述。与副词性从句相比,副词性短语不包含主语和谓语。

  • 地点:where, wherever, everywhere
    • Wherever you go, I will follow you.(无论你去哪里,我都会跟随你。)
    • We can meet where you like.(我们可以在哪里见面?)
    • She left her keys where she usually keeps them.(她把钥匙放在她通常放的地方。)
    • You can sit anywhere you like. (你可以坐在任何地方。)
    • We should keep our environment clean everywhere we go. (我们应该在走到哪里都保持环境清洁。)
    • He can find a job wherever he goes. (他无论到哪里都能找到工作。)
  • 时间:when, whenever, before, after, while, until, as soon as, since
    • I will wait here until you come back.(我会在这里等你回来。)
    • I’ll let you know as soon as I hear from him. (我一听到他的消息就会告诉你。)
    • I will stay up all night if necessary.(如果必要的话,我会熬夜。)
    • I will call you as soon as I arrive.(我一到就给你打电话。)
    • I’ll call you back when I get home. (我回家后会给你回电话。)
    • She always listens to music while she’s cooking. (她做饭时总是听音乐。)
  • 原因:because, since, as, now that
    • Because he was sick, he didn’t go to school.(因为他生病了,所以他没去上学。)
    • She has been feeling down lately since her dog died. (自从她的狗死了以来,她最近一直情绪低落。)
    • Now that you’ve got a chance, you might as well make full use of it. (既然你有了机会你要充分利用它。)
    • Now that everyone is here, let’s begin our meeting. (既然人家都来了,我们就开始开会吧。)
    • As you object, I’ll change the plan. (由于你反对,我将改变计划。)
    • We had better hurry as it’s getting dark. (因为人快要黑了我们最好快点。)
    • I’m tired because I stayed up late last night.(我很累,因为昨晚熬夜了。)
    • I’ll do it for you since you are busy. (既然你忙我来苦你做吧。)
  • 目的:so that, in order that
    • John shutt everybody out of the kitchen so that he could prepare his grand surprise for the party. (约翰把其他人关在厨房外,目的是能够为晚会烹饪出人意料的东西。)
    • These men risk their lives in order that we may live more safely. (这些人甘冒生命危险,是为了正我们活得更安全些)
    • I’m studying hard so that I can get into a good university. (我正在努力学习,以便能进入一所好大学。)
    • He took a map with him so that he wouldn’t get lost. (他带了一张地图,以免迷路。)
    • We need to save money in order that we can buy a new car next year. (我们需要存钱,以便明年能买一辆新车。)
    • She’s learning Chinese so that she can communicate with her Chinese friends better. (她正在学中文,以便更好地与她的中国朋友交流。)
    • He’s working hard every day in order that he can provide for his family. (他每天都在努力工作,以便能养活他的家人。)
  • 结果:so that, so…that, such…that
    • He worked hard so that he passed the exam. (他学习很努力,结果通过了考试)
    • She was so happy that she cried tears of joy.(她太高兴了,以至于哭出了幸福的泪水。)
    • The movie was so boring that we left early.(电影太无聊了,我们提前离开了。)
    • The weather was so bad that we had to cancel our plans.(天气太糟糕了,我们不得不取消计划。)
    • She was such a good singer that everyone loved her performances. (她是一个如此出色的歌手,每个人都喜欢她的表演。)
    • He spoke for such a long time that people began to fall asleep. (他讲了那么长时间,人们开始打起睡了)
  • 条件:if, unless, provided that, as long as
    • If it rains tomorrow, we will stay at home.(如果明天下雨,我们就呆在家里。)
    • Unless you finish your homework, you can’t go out to play.(除非你完成作业,否则不能出去玩。)
    • Provided that you come early, we can go together.(只要你早点来,我们就可以一起去。)
    • As long as you try your best, you will succeed in the end.(只要你尽力而为,最终你会成功的。)
    • You can come with us if you want. (你可以和我们一起去,如果你愿意。)
    • I won’t go to the party unless you come with me. (除非你和我一起去,否则我不会去参加聚会。)
    • I’ll lend you the money provided that you pay me back next week. (我会借给你钱,前提是你下周还给我。)
    • If you don’t hurry, you’ll miss the train. (如果你不赶快,就会错过火车了。)
  • 比较:than, as…as, not so/as…as, the more…, the more…
    • John plays football as well as, if not better than, David. (如果说約翰的足球踢的不比大卫好,至少和他踢的一样好)
    • I can’t run as so fast as he can. (我跑的没他快)
    • The more you practice, the better you will get. (你练习得越多,你就会变得越好。)
    • The less you eat, the more weight you will lose. (你吃得越少,你就会减轻得越多。)
    • The harder you work, the more successful you will be. (你工作越努力,你就会越成功。)
    • The director gave me a better offer than he gave Dick. (老师给我的提议比给狄克的好)
  • 让步:though, although, even if (though), whatever, whoever
    • Though he is young, he can speak French. (他虽然年幼,但是他会讲法语。)
    • Although she is a woman, she can do much tired work. (虽然她是个女人,但是她会做很累的活。)
    • Even if I am a woman, I will work like a man. (即使我是个女人,我也会像男人一样去工作。)
    • Whatever you say is right. (无论你说什么,我都相信你。)
    • Whoever breaks the rules will be punished. (谁违反这些规则都将受到处罚。)
    • Though he blames me, yet I will trust him. (尽管他责备我,但我仍然相信他。)
    • Even if it rains tomorrow, we will still go to the park. (即使明天下雨,我们仍然会去公园。)
    • Although he is not very tall, he is very strong. (虽然他不是很高,但他很强壮。)
  • 方式:as, just as, as if, as though
    • She looked at me as if I was crazy.(她看着我,好像我疯了一样。)
    • He talks as if he knows everything.(他说话的样子好像什么都知道。)
    • She treats him just as she treats her own son.(她对待他的方式就像对待自己的儿子一样。)
    • He ran just as fast as his friend.(他跑得和他的朋友一样快。)
    • She acted as though she didn’t care about the news.(她表现得好像不在意这个消息。)
    • She looked at him as though he was a stranger.(她看着他的眼神好像他是个陌生人。)

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *